DifferentialsSome of the key features of a Modena Differential are:
Billet machined, heat treated internal components and billet machined heat treated end caps.
Differential bodies are also fully billet machined, and can be supplied in a variety of different materials and heat treated conditions to suit different applications.
All bearing journals and mounting surfaces are precision cylindrically ground for superior accuracy and concentricity.
Each differential is supplied with 2 standard Ramp Angle options. Custom Ramp Angles can be manufactured as required at no additional charge.
Differentials are fully serviceable and can be customised easily to accommodate different Acceleration and Deceleration Lock/Unlock profiles.
Modena Engineering manufactures Motorsport differentials for:
- Ford Escort
- Subaru WRX (5 and 6 speed)
Please contact us for options regarding your particular make or model of vehicle.
Modena Engineering also offers a custom differential design service.
Racing TransmissionsModena Engineering has released a new transmission to add to their product range. This transmission is for the Mitsubishi EVO 5-9 and converts the original 5 speed H pattern into a 6 speed dog engagement sequential.
After extensive “Real world” testing in Europe, USA and here in Australia, we are now ready for a general release.
The gearbox has been rigorously tested in Hill Climb, Time Attack, Rally and Circuit environments. During testing, the gearbox proved to be extremely reliable and exceedingly durable
Some of the key features built into this gearbox include:
- Billet machined adaptor plate made from high strength 7075 aluminium.
- Internal oil pump supplying oil to all bearings. Includes externally mounted ports for the addition of an oil cooler if required.
- Custom gear tooth and latest dog engagement designs.
- Externally adjustable differential pre-load system, no more shims.
- Sequential barrel and selector components are subjected to Isotropic polishing.
- Inspection ports for all gear pairs and dogrings.
- Heavy duty cylindrical roller bearings used to support main and pinion shafts.
- Custom gear ratios can be ordered at no additional cost.
The Gearbox includes gear position sensor and billet machined gear lever assembly. Options include a Shift Cut System and gear position display. Modena Engineering also manufacture front and rear “Ramp and Plate” differentials for this application.
The MV8S gearbox has the following features:
- True Sequential, there are no selector rods, gear change forks are driven directly off the sequential barrel.
- All gears run on needle roller bearings, and are pressure lubricated via an externally serviceable oil pump.
- Gearbox is rated to 800Nm of torque.
- Inspection windows for all gear pairs.
- Externally mounted and serviceable gear change mechanism.
- Dry sump oil lubrication system, with externally serviceable stainless oil filter.
- All gear shafts supported by cylindrical roller bearings (no preload) and are pressure lubricated via an externally serviceable oil pump.
- Gearbox weight is approximately 38Kg.
- Remote input shaft to suit any clutch package.
- Billet machined gear lever and cradle assembly. Optional electronic shift cut system also available.
- Electronic gear position sensor.
- Wide choice of ratios available.
The Modena MV8S 6 speed sequential gearbox has been used in the V8 Stars Series in Europe for the past 6 years with great success. For this series the MV8S Gearbox was adapted to fit V8s from BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Dodge.
Axles and Driveline ComponentsModena Engineering manufactures a broad range of axles and driveline components for motorsport applications.
We also manufacture a highly efficient Tripod Rear Hub assembly that can be adapted to suit most motorsport applications. Case in point, Tripods and hub design are currently being used in the Supercar series here in Australia.
We can also manufacture CV flange adaptors, Stub axles, floating rear hub assemblies and many other custom driveline components.
All our driveline components are manufactured to the same exacting specifications/standards, and from the same high quality materials used in the aerospace industry.
- Modena Engineering has a comprehensive range of spline cutters, enabling us to manufacture axles for nearly every class of motorsport.
- All our axles are fully heat treated and have a shot peened surface finish.
- Axles can be supplied as a solid type or, design permitting, can be gun drilled on request.
- Splines can be “barrel” cut to allow for camber adjustment.
- Splines can be cut to a controlled length to suit certain CV/Tripod joints.
- Axles can be designed and manufactured to customer specifications.
Gear KitsModena Engineering manufactures replacement gear kits that fit into OEM cases with little or no modifications. We currently manufacture gear kits in both H pattern and Sequential configurations and have supplied professional motorsport teams around the world with durable, and reliable products for nearly 30 years.
We offer a wide range of “Dog Engagement” conversion kits to suit most manufacturers, and for a wide variety of motorsport applications.
Our kits are manufactured and heat treated to exacting standards using Ultra Clean (R1 S1 C1) steel.
Gear kits include all bearings, gears, shafts, billet machined forks, selector rods and selector components. All gears and shafts are precision cylindrically ground, and all idler gears run on high quality caged needle roller bearings.
We can also design gear kits to operate using original selector forks and components if required.
All our kits and replacement gears are manufactured to the same high quality and exacting standards, regardless of whether you are using them for club day events, or top tier professional motorsport.
We offer kits for:
- Ford (Top loader)
Modena Engineering can also:
Offer a custom gear kit design service. So, if your manufacturer is not listed, simply provide us with a sample gearbox and we can supply you with a quote to design a Dog Engagement gearbox to suit your application.
Components for MotorsportOver the years, Modena Engineering has been asked to manufacture an extremely wide variety of motorsport components. From turbo restrictors to camshafts, fuel injection systems, billet machined uprights, brake disc bells and mounting systems, billet engine blocks and cylinder heads, rotary crankshafts (2, 3 and 4 rotor), suspension components and everything in between.
We have a fully equipped, state of the art, manufacturing facility, sophisticated CAD and gear design software, and dedicated staff with many years experience in the manufacturing and gear cutting industry and over 30 years experience in the motorsport industry.
So, when it comes to manufacturing for motorsport, there’s not much we can’t make.